Cooking: 20 minutes
- Pour the sunflower oil into a large, heavy-bottomed pan and heat the oil.
- Mix all the dry tempura ingredients in a bowl. Just before frying the fish, mix the beer into the dry mix bowl. Don’t mix it too much, you need it to be quite lumpy for the right texture. Dip a fish portion in the batter. Lower into the oil, laying it away from you. Repeat with more of the portions taking care not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry for 6-7 minutes, depending on how thick your fish is. Once it is very light golden brown and crisp, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a tray lined with kitchen paper.
- Repeat with the remaining fish portions
- Serve with the sauce on the side.
For the sauce:
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In case there is leftover tempura, you can store it in the refrigerator. When using again, you need to add a teaspoon of water.
- It is important to try to keep your oil at a constantly high temperature of 160°C/320°C when frying the fish.